Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Blu-ray Review: WHAT THE PEEPER SAW (1972)


https://www.vcientertainment.com/What-the-Peeper-Saw-Blu-Ray/Film-Categories?keyword=WhatWHAT THE PEEPER SAW
Directed by    and 
Distributed by  VCI Entertainment

  I always love finding movies I have never heard of, and WHAT THE PEEPER SAW falls into that category.   I knew nothing about this film going into it, which really surprises me.  It is a very intriguing entry into the "killer kid" horror subgenre, so I was surprised I had never seen or heard of it before.  Here is the basic plot courtesy of the VCI Entertainment website:

  In this stylish and atmospheric psychological thriller, a wealthy author's wife's comfortable life turns into a terrifying nightmare when her young stepson starts exhibiting strange behavior. The fiendish child is out to destroy all the trust and love between his father and stepmother with his surreptitious pranks. Horror unfolds as the boy devilishly plots to drive a wedge deeper and deeper between them. But is the child really a fiend, or is he the victim of his neurotic stepmother’s paranoia?

  First off, this movie could never be made in today's day and age.  There are some very taboo subjects in this film, mainly having to do with the young boy Marcus (Mark Lester) and his step mom, played by the amazingly gorgeous Britt Ekland.  The main mystery in the film is whether or not Marcus killed his birth mother.  The stepmother decides to get to the bottom of it and find out the truth, even if that means enticing the boy to talk by stripping nude in front of him!

 The film is more of a thriller than a true horror film.  It's not bloody at all, but it does have some very creepy imagery.  One scene in particular shows Marcus staring into the pool as a dead woman floats by.  It's revealed he is seeing things because in reality it's a just a ball that floats by.  This shows the viewer the mindset of Marcus and sets a very moody and eerie tone for the film.  This kid obviously has some major issues. 

  The film is shot well and the acting is very good.  The newly restored HD transfer looks excellent. 
This is an interesting film for sure, one that I recommend checking out.

  WHAT THE PEEPER SAW is available now from VCI Entertainment and includes the following special features:

*  Original Theatrical Trailer
*  Original TV Teaser Spot


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer and purchase the Blu-ray


https://www.vcientertainment.com/index.php?route=common/home
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment